The procedure to obtain a Certification is outlined below. See also the document DLMS/COSEM conformance test tool (CTT) - Rules for availablity and use.
1. The testing can be performed by any member of the DLMS UA legally owning the Conformance Test Tool (CTT), i.e. a manufacturer, a utility or a third party test house. The CTT can be purchased from EuroDCS GmbH. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. For possibilities of third party testing, please contact the DLMS UA.
2. Before the test, download the necessary OBIS .dat file. Please make sure that the .dat file(s) is (are) located in the same folder as the CTT.exe file and the licence file.
3. Send test report, the log, the line traffic, and the CTI generated by the CTT ("Create Certification Report" creates a .zip file) to the DLMS UA at email@example.com.
4. The DLMS UA verifies the authenticity of the report and checks the results. If OK, a Certificate is issued - using strictly the data taken from the test report - and published and the IUT is listed on the List of compliant equipment or the Interactive list of certified devices.
5. The DLMS UA files the test log and report. The DLMS UA does not provide copies of these.
6. The DLMS UA recommends that the manufacturer displays the DLMS UA Conformance Tested Service Mark on its product and product literature.
Updated DLMS Certification template
This is to announce that the DLMS Certification template has been updated to include the Management Logical Device Name found in the test report.
The Logical Device Name is a very important element of the DLMS/COSEM specification: it ensures that the source of the information is uniquely identified in the database. See Blue Book Edition 8.0 Clauses 126.96.36.199 and 4.2.15.
The standard leaves the way to ensure uniqueness of the up to 13 characters following the three-letter ID to the manufacturer as registered by the DLMS UA.
A good practice is - as several manufacturers are doing it - to include, following the three-letter manufacturer ID, part of the meter type and the serial number in LDN-s, filling up unused space with zeros up to 16 octets. Obviously, if there are several logical devices in a meter, they must all carry a unique LDN.
Note: The three-letter manufacturer ID is registered by the DLMS UA in partnership with the FLAG Association.
CTT 2 checks the presence of the Logical Device name and reports it. The test report shall be submitted using the "Create Certification Report" feature available in the Help menu.
If the test report is performed using CTT 1 (transition period until September 2008) then in addition to the Report and the Log, the Line Traffic has to be submitted as well.